The valuable contribution of the N.S.S. unit to our college and society is as follows:
- The project of planting and cultivating thousands of trees to save the earth and ultimately control pollution was undertaken by our unit.
- Special assistance and cooperation were imported to organize blood donation camps to meet the demand for blood. Blood was supplied by our unit to the Military during India-Pakistan War during 1971-72.
- Various festivals are being celebrated at the remand home to create a feeling of domestic atmosphere for orphans from the remand home at Baramati.
- Considering the importance of libraries in villages and to motivate them to read, 300 books and 50 magazines were donated to a public library from the village named Gunawadi, Ta. Baramati, Dist. Pune.
- Unused medicines are being collected from the people under the guidance of medical professionals and they are being supplied to the people who are poor and needy.
- Activities like eradication of weeds, bijamash pest control, and construction of bunds for water conservation were carried out successfully by the volunteers of our unit to give relief, especially to the farmers during the period from 1975 to 1977.
- As there was a need for a school in the village of ‘Gojubavi’, Tal. Baramati, Dist. Pune our volunteers from the unit gave their full cooperation by digging a foundation for the building and by laying down tiles to construct a fence for the school premises.
- To meet the needs and requirements of society, volunteers from our unit actively participated in different missions such as polioeradication, national integrity, maintaining harmony among the people during the war, etc.
- Special efforts were made by the unit to inspire volunteers to participate in different activities by organizing training camps and workshops, female volunteers were trained to work as nurses and male volunteers were trained as police friends N.S.S. during the ‘Ganesh Festival’.
- Activities such as campaigning rallies to control dowry disease (system), AIDS control mission, and alcohol prohibition were organized by our unit.
- Special efforts were made to raise funds to help affected people from natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, and so on
|Regular Activities in the Year 2022-23
|Camp Activities in the Year 2022-23
|Regular Activities in the Year 2021-22
|Regular Activities in the Year 2019-20