The College has excellent infrastructure like
- Central Library
- Separate hostels for Boys and Girls
- well equipped laboratories
- lecture halls
- multipurpose hall
- centralized computer and internet access
- audio-visual rooms
- indoor and outdoor courts.
|Girls Hostel (Old & New)||3561.04||900 - 1000|
|Working Women's Hostel||422.97||30|
|Ladies Hostel,Mess,Canteen & Working Women Hostel Committee Chairman:||Shri. Prashant Abhaykumar Gandhi|
|Hostel Office Superintendent:||Shri. Prasad Chandrashekhar Magdum|
|Contact Details:||Reception - (02112)222405
Society Office - (02112)221205
Services / Facilities Provided:
- Clean and Fresh Rooms
- Excellent Mess
- Solar Hot Water System
- Hostel is under C.C.T.V. Surveillance
- Biometric for Hostel Students
- Doctor & Primary Medical Treatment
- Water Purifier Filter System
- T.V. Hall
- Jim Hall
- Amphitheatre Stage
- Parking Area
- 24 hrs. Private Security
College Library started functioning right from its inception in 1962. In the beginning the college library was housed in one small room in the corner of the old building .College received munificence grants from U.G.C. towards the construction of present new building and its extension.The new building was designed opened from June 1975 to stack 1,00,000 volumes and 280 readers at a time with special cubicals for teachers and research scholars.Library has occupied an area over 12,887 Sq Ft. covering Reading Room, Stacking Section ,Cubicles, Text book section, Periodical section, Cyber zone, Lecture Hall and Administrative Section.
The library is enriched with huge collection of books, journals, bound volumes, audio-visual materials on various subjects. The collection comprised of about 1,17,628 volumes covering subject areas from Faculty of Arts ,Mental moral & social science ,Commerce,Science,Education,Management,Physical Education and medical sciences.Library is currently well eqipped and fully automated using the state-of- the- art Library mangement software soul 2.0 of INFLIBNET centre an autonomus Inter-university centre (IUC)of University Grant Comission(UGC) ,Ahmedabad. During last 05 decades the collection has been systematically developed covering all branches of knowledge.The reading material are acquired by way of donations and purchased from UGC funds and college funds.
There are three counters namely Reading Room Counter, Home Lending Counter,Staff Counter etc.The Library has adopted a combination of Brown & Newark’s charging systems to suit the local needs and situation.The timing of every counter is adjusted convenientely according to the needs of the beneficiaries (except Sunday & Hoildays).
Night Study Room
Night study room facility is provided to students during examination period every year ,usually from October to May.
The Library extends following services to the readers :
- Reading Hall for longer hours.
- Home lending.
- Inter library lending.
- Bibliographic services on demand.
- Reference Service.
- Reprographic Service.
- Guidance to the Ph.D/M.Phil students
Library Building ( Area in sq.ft.)
|Reading Hall||3667 Sq.|
|Counter & Cabin||1108 Sq.|
|Property Counter||117 Sq.|
|Periodical Section||798 Sq.|
|Cyber Zone||224 Sq.|
|Reference Section||1248 Sq.|
|Stacking Section (Ground+ First Floor)||5725 Sq.|
Books & Other Materials
|a) Sr. College Books||1,13,077|
|b) Books From Other Schemes||8781|
|Total Number of books (a+b)||1,21,858|
|c) E-books (through N-list)||1700 +|
|e) Gramophone Records||31|
|g) Theses & Dissertations||54|
|i) Bound Volumes of Journals||3789|
Current Periodicals (Print)
|Periodicals Subscribed (Print)||129|
Current Periodicals (Online)
|Through N-List||More than 3500+ Journals & E-books|
|Others (Through regular subscription & through campus LAN)||02|
- Home Lending Service for Students : 10.15 am. to 4.30 pm
- Home Lending Service for Staff : 10.15 am. to 6.00 pm
- Reading Hall Counter : 10.30 am. To 6.00pm.
- Night Study : up to 11.00 pm.(Extended during exam)
The library remains closed on Sunday, however timings of counter is adjusted conveniently according to the needs of beneficiaries on other holidays.
- Book Lending
- Extended Reading Hall Facility
- OPAC – Online Catalogue
- Internet/ Cyber Zone
- Print on demand
- Bibliography Service on demand
- Clipping Service
- Inter Library Loan
- Keep your I-card/Library Card with you
- Students are allowed to borrow a book for a period of a week.
- Beyond the due date students have to pay the fine.
- Upon Loss or damage of book report immediately to Library, replace copy of book is allowed of same title and author.
- Please follow the timing of Library as per scheduled. For more details please visit to library.
- Mobile phones should be kept on silence mode in library premises.
- Membership to all college students present.
- All permanent Faculty Members
- All temporary faculty members on written request and approval from Principal.
- All other academic / non academic , renowned persons, institutions on return request and approval from principal sir
- All ex. faculties and staff
Department of Gymnasium was established in 1962 and now it is headed by Prof. Gautam S. Jadhav. The college authorities made available 17 acres of land for the establishment of gymnasium.
With the grant from the university and government as well as investment of the society a huge play ground was made ready, where a track of 400 mt. for running, volley ball court, basket ball court, football ground and Kabaddi and Kho-Kho ground were made.
With grant from the society and its cooperation a separate gymnasium building was constructed where office, store room, NCC office and two halls were also constructed. A separate building was also constructed for the purpose of gym.
A wall compound has been constructed around the play ground where trees are planted with a view keep the environment healthy. The gymnasium is fully equipped with latest machinery required for the purpose of gym. Various facilities for different sports are also provided by the gymnasium. This is done so that the students can take full advantage of the facilities.
Since 1962 till 2009 the players representing our college have brought many laurels at the University, National and State level for our college. The college had organised all India university Kho-Kho, Kabaddi competition. District level competition were also organised by college. This is fully equipped gymnasium over these years has always been pride of honor for the college.
Department of Media and Communication Studies
Laboratory Area Student capacity
Satyajit Ray Editing Laboratory 324 Sq. ft. 15
Television Screening Room 725 Sq. ft. 45
Computer Lab 300 Sq. ft. 16
Studio Area Capacity
Dadasaheb Phalke Television Studio 1429 Sq. ft. 45
V. Shantaram Post Production Studio 1429 Sq. ft. 45
Lata Mangeshkar Dubbing Studio 144 Sq. ft. 04
- Largest Acoustic Television Studio with Chroma setup
- Video Editing lab with 3 apple iMac + FCP (Licensed)
- Audio Recording and Sound Dubbing facility
- Studio production industry standard lighting facility
- Production Control Room with audio and video mixer facility
- Online editing setup
- 3 camera setup
- Film screening facility
- Green room for make-up and wardrobe facility
Kavivarya Moropant Botanical Garden
Plants in College Campus : 1010
Medicinal Plants : 86
Avenue Trees : 120
Types of Plants :
- Hedge plants
Sections in Botanical Garden:
- Seasonal flowers
- Medicinal plants garden
- Bonsai garden
- Native fruit plants garden
- Butterfly garden
Activities in Botanical Garden :
- Make students aware about of Plant Biodiversity
- Plantation and conservation of rare, endangered and endemic plants.
- Maintenance of living collection of plants or seeds as global responsibility.
- Plantation and conservation of medicinal plants garden.
- Campus beautification
- Care taking of plants in the college campus and botanical garden
- Help to Botany students about field studies of plants in Experimental garden plots.
- Raising the seasonal flowers
- Preparation of flower bouquet and flower pots.
- Maintenance of Butterfly garden.
We have two Auditoriums :
1. Jeevraj Sabhagruha
We have specious auditorium with separate entry and exit gate. It is equipped with the modern ICT for organizing conferences, PTA’s and other presentation Etc.. The seating capacity is around 550 – 600 members.
2. Prashashan Bhavan Sabhagruha We have specious gallery viewed auditorium with separate entry and exit gate. It is equipped with the modern ICT for organizing conferences, PTA’s and other presentation Etc.. The seating capacity is around 125 – 130 members.
The college conducts a green audit with special focus on tree plantation, energy conservation, water conservation, waste management
and pollution control. The faculty and students are actively engaged in developing environmental awareness through slogans, street plays, rallies, observing World Geography Day, No Vehicle Day, offering saplings and books to the guests invited for various functions and programmes in the college.
- Water Harvesting:
Considering the scarcity of water, a large number of students in the college and huge campus of the college, the college has been adopting a water management system.
Rain Water Harvesting Project: Baramati faces a problem of a very less rain fall as it lies in a rain shadow zone. Low rainfall and the scarcity of water necessitate the college for the best management of available water on the campus. Rain water harvesting projects are undertaken by the college to make maximum use of rain water
- E- Waste management:
The damaged or out-dated computers, CDs and other e-equipments are sorted out and sent to the college central store. These e-equipments are sold out by means of a tendering process.
- Vermicompost Unit :
Vermicompost unit is developed and monitored by the department of Botany. The garden and laboratory waste is used to feed the earthworms. Vermicompost produced in the unit is used as a fertilizer for the plants and trees in the college garden. It helps to keep the campus eco-friendly.
- Biogas unit:
Biogas unit is installed with a purpose to manage kitchen and canteen waste.